TIG Welder (Precision Tube Fabrication)
Manufacturing and Production - Technicians and Trade Skills
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TIG WELDER - 2ND SHIFT
This TIG Welding position is on our Merlin Tube Shop team. The team is responsible for the construction and assembly of our precision tubes for the Merlin propulsion engine.
- This position will be responsible for welding, assembly, and fabrication on various precision tubes and various sub-assembly components.
a or GED.
3 years of aerospace TIG welding.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years; experience in welding with one or more of the following materials; Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Inconel, Aluminum and Titanium.
- Highly proficient in tube(small and large diameter up to 5”) cutting grinding and fabrication, with material types, stainless steel and Inconel.
- Extensive experience in Tube Fabrication w/ material types – Inconel, SS, aluminum.
- Proficient in blue print reading and lay out.
- Proficient in plasma cutting as well as oxyacetylene cutting.
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual before being X-rayed or dye pinned.
- Certification with AWS D17.1 and D1.2 preferred.
- Experience in overhead cranes & Forklifts preferred.
- Must be able to work overtime hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC