TIG Welder, C-103
Manufacturing and Production - Technicians and Trade Skills
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
This TIG Welding position is on our Merlin team supporting production of our second stage MVac nozzle extension.
- This position will be responsible for the fabrication, assembly, and welding of various precision engine subcomponents
- Follow established procedures to setup and operate the welding system
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Use of precision measuring instruments to determine part quality
a or GED
3 years of precision TIG welding experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of aerospace welding experience with one or more of the following materials: stainless steel, carbon steel, Inconel, aluminum and/or titanium
- Certification from a formal weld training program
- Experience working in metal fabrication or mechanical assembly environment
- Proficient in reading & interpreting drawing specifications
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual inspection, radiographic inspection, and dye penetrant inspection
- Certification with AWS D17.1 and D1.2 preferred
- Experience in overhead cranes & Forklifts preferred
- Must be open to work either 1st Shift (5:00am-3:30pm) or 2nd Shift (3:30pm-2:00am), overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC