Technical Apprentice, Aircraft Maintenance
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
As an apprentice, you will be responsible for assisting certificated technicians with troubleshooting, repairing, inspecting, and performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on customer aircraft while working to obtain Airframe and / or Powerplant certification from the FAA within 2 years of date of hire / transfer into the position.
• Acquire necessary knowledge and skills through OJT and self-study to perform repetitive maintenance repairs on business or regional aircraft within 4 months from date of hire/promotion into classification
• Apply cleaning solvent and proper sealing compound according to maintenance and structural repair manuals, engineering drawings within 2 months from date of hire/promotion into classification
• Document work performed per appropriate manuals including but not limited to Maintenance Manual (MM), Repair Station Manual/Quality Control Manual (RSM/QCM), General Operating Procedures (GOPs)) and Structure Repair Manual (SRM) within 3 months from date of hire/promotion into classification
• Perform airframe and/or component repairs/maintenance in accordance with RSM/QCM as required (Within 3 months from date of hire/promotion into classification)
• Perform serviceability inspection on airframe parts and components (Within 3 months from date of hire/promotion into classification)
• Comply with all environmental health and safety policies and procedures included but not limited to Safety Manual Section 1225
• You may assist in towing ground handling equipment
• You may assist maintenance technicians in troubleshooting aircraft
• You may assist maintenance technicians with repairs and modifications of aircraft systems and/or components
• Remove and re-install aircraft access panels and components
• You may assist during routine open/close phase of heavy inspections
• Perform proper tagging of panels and components
• Perform external, internal, and component cleaning of aircraft to include engine cowlings, wheel wells, and landing gear, pylons and panels, leading edge surfaces, flight surfaces, lavatory, galley, wardrobe, cabin and cockpit areas, compartments, and components, under floor structure for swarf and debris and prepare aircraft surface(s) for paint
• You may assist with aircraft movements to include wing safety walker, chock walker, and/or attaching tow bar and tug
• Maintain proper documentation of all training received
As our ideal candidate,
• You have basic knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, diagrams, and manuals
• You have basic knowledge of technical and/or regulatory manuals necessary to perform job
• You have basic knowledge of the differences between repair station, developmental and production engineering, and corresponding paperwork
• You have basic knowledge of maintenance manuals, parts catalog, and applicable FAA documents
• You have basic knowledge in fabrication of sheet metal and/or composite components and assemblies, aircraft parts and ground support equipment per engineering drawings, sketches, advance designs, specifications and/or verbal instructions
• You have a High School Diploma or equivalent
• You have basic knowledge of hand tools
• You have the ability to communicate in both written and verbal form on individual status and/or aircraft task status
• You have the ability to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
ADDITIONAL DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• You have prior experience in sheet metal repair and fabrication and/or /prior aircraft maintenance experience - preferred
• You have a Powerplant Certificate - preferred
• You are Non Aircraft Tug Operator Qualified - preferred
• You are Ground Support Equipment Operator Qualified - preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #: