Test Technician - Composites Structures
Manufacturing and Production - Quality Assurance
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST TECHNICIAN – COMPOSITE STRUCTURES
Test Technicians at SpaceX get to assemble, troubleshoot, repair, and perform regular maintenance and work on integrated rocket hardware, including fuel tanks and integrated stages, as well as supporting test equipment. These technicians enjoy working outside at the rocket development facility, on our robust test stands, supporting structural test operations first-hand, as well as in the hangar where stage integration takes place. Test Technicians enjoy witnessing the rumbling of rocket engines throughout the day.
- Ensure all structural test stand related equipment/services are performed on time, safely, and in a professional manner.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment and instrumentation as needed.
- Fabricate and repair structural hardware and test equipment.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and document activities.
- Operate and maintain hardware, high pressure systems and pumps, and other ancillary equipment including pneumatic components.
- Develop novel ways site wide to streamline processes and increase the reliability of testing operations.
- Obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits or certifications as required.
- Perform a variety of related duties in support of structural test programs.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts and equipment to repair or replace defective components.
- Process work orders and maintenance tickets.
- Prepare test articles and test stands and systems for test operations.
chool diploma or equivalency certificate.
Experience working with and troubleshooting mechanical systems. (professional work experience or personal experience will be considered)
Experience using power tools, hand tools, or heavy equipment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree.
- A&P License.
- Experience with hydraulic structural test equipment/services is a plus.
- Experience with testing process and optimization of test processes.
- Experience with high performance systems and optimization of these systems.
- Experience in ground support equipment in aerospace industry preferred.
- Some experience in the space exploration industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment.
- Basic computer skills, including experience using MS Office suite.
- Experience with crane operations.
- Knowledge of different fittings such as NPT and A/N.
- Ability to utilize power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment.
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical manuals and reports.
- Use of precision measuring instruments.
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Be able to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Must be able to work all shift hours, able to work overtime and weekend as needed.
- Must be able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 5% travel
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC