VC – 25B Aircraft Mechanic Structures – Level I
The Boeing Company •
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This is a unique opportunity to work on a Boeing Development Program, modifying a 747-8 in San Antonio, TX. In joining this program, you will be part of an outstanding team making history as we shape this one of a kind next generation aircraft. In support of the program, we are currently seeking entry-level Structures Mechanics (Level 1) to join the team. If selected, candidate will be required to relocate to San Antonio, TX as a condition of employment.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. A final U.S. Top Secret Clearance Post-Start is required. This position requires the ability to obtain program access for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship only.
- Perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
- Locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
- Use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience working as an aircraft mechanic
- Willing and able to work any shift (Must be able & willing to work various shifts and / or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays; Mission requirements and / or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime)
- Currently possess an FAA A&P License or Military Technical School equivalent
- Computer skills experience including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic Microsoft Suite software (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Experience reading and understanding engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications
High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position does not offer relocation. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit. Candidate must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Contingent Upon Program Award:
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)