VC-25B Structural Aircraft Mechanic (Senior)
The Boeing Company •
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment.
- Perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
- Locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
- Use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
- This candidate will be responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
- Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Standard Relocation Package
Relocation assistance, if needed, has been authorized in accordance with this position.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Position requires more than 7 years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
- Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and avionics systems sufficient to perform assigned duties.
- Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
- Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance with a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or T5 Investigation and customer approval as a condition of employment.
- If applicable, please clearly indicate on resume highest level of US Security Clearance obtained along with the date received.
- Please clearly indicate on your resume your aircraft platform experience and years of experience with aircraft electrical systems.
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED and typically 7 or more years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal.
- Experience with Very Important Person (VIP) aircraft or specialty aircraft interiors installations within the last ten (10) years.
- FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power plant AND minimum on ten (10) years’ experience is preferred
Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)