Vertex Aerospace - Aircraft Mechanic (F-16/F-18) Experienced
Vertex Aerospace •
Aircraft Mechanic - Power Plants performs Organizational and Intermediate level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification and troubleshooting on all assigned aircraft, components and equipment.
• Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance and instruction to other employees as needed.
• Possess a high degree of expertise of aircraft systems. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals, publications, instructions and special tools and test equipment.
• Must be familiar with operational capabilities and limitations of aircraft systems.
• Must be familiar with F-16 Airframe and mechanicals and F/A-18 -404 motors
• Be able to maintain all aircraft main, auxiliary, secondary power systems, fuel systems, engine level and bleed air components.
• Perform troubleshooting, testing, low and high power turn operational checks of power plant systems, replacing or repairing worn or damaged components, such as, fuel controls, fuel pumps, oil pumps, and engine mounted gearboxes and compressor bleed valves using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment; removing engine from aircraft, disassembling and inspecting parts for wear, cracks, security, or other defects and repairing or replacing defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
• Required to read and interpret blueprints, technical directives, planning documents, test specifications, technical publications and procedures, and applicable safety manuals.
Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with military fighters, specifically F-16 and or F/A-18 - Required
• Must be customer oriented
• Must be able to obtain the level of security clearance required by the Government
• Previous Plane Captain certification/designation per a Government approved curriculum program for F-16 aircraft – preferred
• Be experienced with GE-404 motors
• Able to obtain and maintain government flight-line driver’s license
Licensing, Certification Requirements:
• Current FAA Airframe and Power plant (A&P) License or able to obtain within one (1) year of hire - required
• U.S. Citizenship - required
• Valid State Driver’s License - required
• Valid U.S. Passport - required
• High School Degree or GED - required
• Ability to travel - required
• 7 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance - preferred
• Basic hand tools - required
• Clearance Required: Able to obtain U.S. Secret, current & valid clearance.
This maintenance classification activity is usually accomplished in a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching and walking demands. May require lifting of objects whose weight will not normally exceed 50lbs. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close and peripheral vision, and acceptable depth perception.
The diversity of working conditions range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
Job Ident #: