- Fabricates, installs and maintains in good repair the sheet-metal equipment and fixtures (such as machine guards, grease pans, shelves, lockers, tanks, ventilators, chutes, ducts, metal roofing) of an establishment
- Planning and laying out all types of sheet-metal maintenance work from blueprints, models, or other specifications; setting up and operating all available types of sheet-metal working machines; using a variety of hand tools in cutting, bending, forming, shaping, fitting and assembling; and installing sheet-metal articles
- May be required to train and become a staff Tow OperatorReviews all work for conformance to maintenance manual/ modification specifications and documents all such data on approved company maintenance forms
- Performs the function of basic logbook written procedures and documentation on aircraft and appliancesPerforms the overhaul of Special Mission Tow Reels, as well as maintaining the Tow Reel Shop
- Operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles
Work environment & physical demands
This job is in an industrial environment and requires you to be able to climb ladders, stairs and portable stands and navigate these without assistance; work at heights 30 feet above the ground; work in extreme heat/cold, noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, odors, dust; bend, reach, stoop, balance, push, pull, kneel, grasp, crouch, crawl, work in narrow aisles/passageways; and work in close spaces that restrict movement including aircraft fuel tanks for extended periods of time; stand for sustained periods of time; work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, typing; close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, and viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes; and lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds.
Position type and expected hours of work
This position is a full time position and hours are Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Additional hours may be required depending on business needs, and you may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
You will be required to travel CONUS and OCONUS approximately 10% of the time, possibly more depending on business needs.