Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Advanced ISR designs, develops and manufactures avionics systems, flight safety products, tactical radios, communications equipment, electronic warfare, and intelligence systems used by the United States and friendly foreign military services. The company also integrates its products onto military and other government agency platforms and supports these products worldwide
Job Location Fort Walton Beach, FL
Job Title: APS Program Manager
Experienced Program Manage with Earned Value Management (EVM) experience will direct the daily execution of contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met. “Lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close)” Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities. This position will function at a low level of complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the execution of technical work on a complex ACAT II program.
- Support DRS in achieving ANSI/EIA Earned Management Value System (EVMS) compliance. Development of strong customer relationships through exceptional program execution and collaboration with subject matter experts in the fields of operations, maintenance, logistics, supply, and aircraft integration.
- Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met
- Lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close)
- Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities
- Participate as a team member or leader on bid and proposal activities. Insure that the requirements of the request for proposal are met in the preparation and documentation of bids and proposals
- Actively seek new business opportunities in coordination with Business Development
- Represent management at program reviews, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Prepare for and participate in contract/subcontract negotiations. While representing Company’s interests, assure that all government regulatory guidance is adhered to
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis
- Formally identifies, assesses, monitors and mitigates risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtains management approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established program, cost and schedule objectives
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise.
- Perform variance analyses of schedule and cost on a formal and informal basis and present them to senior management (i.e. earned value management system)
- Serve as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution. Coordinate with other departments on resolution of contractual problems with the customer. Coordinate with Contracts Administration on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations.
- Assure that conduct of contract requirements is executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and Company policies and procedures (i.e.: federal acquisition regulations)
- Provide leadership to program team. Assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict.
- Manage inventory effectively
- Manage Internal Research and Development projects
- Assure a timely closeout of completed programs to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
- May manage other Program Managers
- Understand and develop leading verses lagging indicators
- Develop and execute program corrective action strategies
- Develop and understand principles of program planning (i.e. developing a Bill of Materials and Basis of Estimate)
- Understand lean and process improvement principles (i.e. Lean Six Sigma)
- Understand cash flow management principles
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting/ supporting monthly Contract Status Review (CSR) with management including EV analysis
- Planning the scope, cost and schedule of all tasks belonging to the related Control Account (CA)
- Defining the EV technique for all work belonging to the Control Account
- Managing and controlling the resources (both internal and subcontracted) required to successfully execute the authorized scope of work, within the bounds of the authorized budget and schedule
- Providing periodic schedule status updates
- Providing periodic ETC for the relevant CAs
- Perform, assess, report and monitor periodic EV variance analysis and implement appropriate corrective action(s) when performance results exceed variance thresholds for the relevant CAs
- Develop, implement and direct Corrective Action Plans identified during variance analysis, including schedule, risk and resource impacts
- Verify all charges weekly and review discrepancies between actual costs and obligations