Commercial Jet •
The Avionics Manager reports directly to the Director
of Maintenance and is responsible for supervising, instructing, coordinating, and approving the work of all personnel assigned to their crew. Ensuring completeness and correctness of all paperwork involved with their crew. Ensuring all work performed under their supervision is of the highest quality, and in accordance with FAR's appropriate maintenance manual, customer' and Commercial
Jet Services (CJS) policies.
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports to consistently deliver excellence in their undertaking as individuals and team players. To ensure commitment and accountability at all levels by maintaining a cohesive organization motivated to exceed expectations in support of operations.
- Collaborate closely with other departments to ensure departmental and corporate objectives are met and an environment of cooperation is fostered.
- Supervise all avionics activities in accordance to the Company’s processes and procedures.
- Ensure the avionics shop is kept to the highest standards of safety, compliant at all times, enforcing regulations and practices to avoid accidents and to ensure that good housekeeping practices are met at all times.
- Strive for continuous process improvements while ensuring compliance to FAA, safety (OSHA), legal and established corporate procedures, checks and balances.
- Drive efficiencies throughout the department and eliminate waste.
- Work with the Project / Shift Manager to ensure all aircraft priorities are met relating to avionics support.
- Conduct regular toolbox meetings, clearly establishing objectives and resultant actionable items.
- Deal with Customers in a cordial, respectful and professional manner, and to see to it that all personnel behave accordingly.
- Meet with Customers when required, keeping them apprised of MOD and avionics related work status.
- Support the Project / Shift Manager with other business activities as needed.
- To lead by example at all times; through professional behavior, integrity, commitment to the company and compliance with its policies.
- Provides leadership, technical expertise and guidance while performing various operational, functional tests and repairs of avionics/electronic, aircraft equipment and systems to ensure a defect free aircraft.
- Provides superior technical expertise in testing, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and leadership by defining and implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising Safety or Quality.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and leadership skills required to fill in for the Shift Manager thus ensuring that the company goals of Safety and Quality are enforced all times while adhering to daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
- Make available the necessary technical data, blueprints, wiring diagrams, service bulletins, airworthiness directives and any other required data.
- Maintain all shop equipment and tools in a serviceable and working condition.
- Ensure that tooling and equipment assigned to you is calibrated as required per applicable FAA requirements.
- Ascertain that all necessary work records are properly executed by the responsible Technician(s).
- Maintain the premises of the Repair Station in a clean and orderly manner.
- Be responsible for the proper handling of all parts while in repair process and the preservation of all units or parts during process through the shop and after work is completed.
- Oversee and supervise the setup of ground support and test equipment for ground and flight testing in support of FAA STC programs.
- Initiate requisitions for stock and materials required.
- The ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, by presenting ideas and giving instructions/guidance to subordinates, co-workers, Managers and outside agencies in a manner that instructions are carried out and requested information is obtained; ability to motivate and lead
a staff or team of subordinates to obtain goals, higher productivity and quality work; the ability to delegate and prioritized work effectively; creative; persuasive.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma/GED. Undergraduate degree preferred. Holds a current FAA Mechanic certificate with an Airframe rating, and has held this rating for at least 3
EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years of diversified maintenance
experience on large aircraft with an Air Carrier, Commercial Operator or Certified Repair Station, and must have acted as an Avionics Technician. A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in an Air Carrier and/or Repair Station environment is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Strong leadership skills.
Effective decision-making skills.
Strong negotiating skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to
include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in
order to effectively interact with all levels of staff from different
organizational and problem-solving skills in order to prioritize workload
according to business demands and works well under pressure.
Job Ident #: