Aviation Technical Services, Inc. •
SUMMARY: Review hangar/capacity schedules and meet with Project Managers to understand work scope requirements to establish correct Avionics crew sizes, leadership ratios and application of man-power to ensure project schedules and budgets are met while adhering to all regulatory requirements. Ensure optimum oversight of maintenance activities, through effective leadership, procedure and continuous process improvement, are achieved resulting in delivering a quality product. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties include the following items:
- Responsible for the Profit/Loss (P/L) of maintenance programs, achieving performance targets, budgets, detailed schedules for each maintenance project and on-site customer relations.
- Responsible for training Maintenance Supervisors, Leads and Technicians.
- Ensure direction of maintenance programs is consistent with ATS goals and targets.
- Works with other operations leadership to ensure most efficient utilization of manpower and resources.
- Works with support organizations to ensure necessary product and services can be delivered when required.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bid aircraft maintenance/modification packages
- Identify tooling requirements
- Assist Human Resources in hiring open positions as necessary
Oversee administration of aircraft contracts. Review and approve budgets and expenditures.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, interviewing and training; development of technical and leadership skills; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Carry out primary responsibility in educating, preventing and managing safety in the workplace. Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing at all levels of ATS employees.
- Manage by influence.
- Ability to effectively delegate.
- Ability to positively resolve conflicts.
- Ability to communicate with customers in a professional manner.
- Must demonstrate and model managerial courage.
- Leads by example.
- Demonstrates team player mind set and behavior.
- Able to multi-task with a bias for action.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong understanding of FAA regulatory requirements.
- Strong understanding of financial management
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, plus a minimum of 8-10 years relevant Avionics experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- FAA Airframe and/or powerplant certificate required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up.
- The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle and climb ladders and aircraft stairs.
Normal business office conditions generally prevail. The noise level is usually low to moderate. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, or open area. Floor may be carpeted or bare.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at anytime. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at anytime.
Job Ident #: