Avionics Production Supervisor (Batteries/Solar)
Manufacturing and Production - Leadership
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (SOLAR/BATTERIES) – 1st SHIFT
This candidate should have an excellent technical understanding of electromechanical assemblies. This role will involve the management of technicians on the production floor in the area of solar panel assemblies, which includes skill sets ranging from soldering solar strings to composites bonding to final mechanical assembly and electrical testing. Overseeing day to day tasks of technicians as well as scheduling.
- Coordinate and steer the collective efforts of all solar and battery production technicians.
- Enforce area standards and run rules (includes bi-annual reviews and disciplinary action).
- Interface with area leadership and prioritize work based on production schedule and organizational goals.
- Schedule risk identification and mitigation.
- Coordinate support organization efforts to minimize production interruptions.
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications.
- Disposition non-conforming hardware to efficiently return them to conforming state and normal product flow.
- Improve area safety and efficiency through regular auditing and continuous improvement.
- Establish and analyze area metrics for trend extrapolation to drive the following:
- Personnel training and development.
- Development and implementation of efficiency improvement projects.
- Optimization of product flow through the factory.
- Root cause analysis and the implementation of corresponding corrective action plans.
- Identification and elimination of defects within the area value stream.
- Reduction of downtime for product and personnel.
- Lead efforts to transition product from engineering development to full rate production.
- Review drawings and technical data packages for manufacturability, provide constructive feedback to engineering/design community.
Associate's degree or 5 years in electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
Minimum of 3 years in a leadership position leading a team of 15+ people.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Lean manufacturing training and experience.
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation.
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret controlled documentation and processes such as: cable harnesses, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, mechanical drawings, GD&T, assembly procedures / work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, and parts lists.
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Failure Mode Effects Analysis.
- Electro-mechanical assembly, composites, harness, and/or prototype development experience.
- Experience preferred in fast-paced production environment with flight quality hardware.
- Six Sigma Certification.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs.
- Ability to distinguish colors is required.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 10% travel to vendors and other SpaceX locations.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC