Avionics Production Supervisor - User Terminal & PCBA
Manufacturing and Production - Leadership
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR – USER TERMINAL
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for a dynamic Production Supervisor to join the team. This candidate should have an excellent technical understanding of PCBs, PCBAs, and electromechanical assemblies. This role will involve the management of technicians, production quality and scheduling.
The success of Starlink depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, and security of the products that you deliver. If you seek a fast-paced, dynamic environment; if you thrive on solving difficult problems where resolutions have high impact; if you love managing through persuasion and if you love the challenge of building something from scratch, then this role will be an ideal next career step.
- Direct manager over SMT and Assembly Associates, must coordinate and steer the work forces daily activities.
- Collect and report daily/weekly throughput and quality metrics.
- Enforce area standards and run rules (includes bi-annual reviews and disciplinary action).
- Develop production schedules and communicate broadly to large project team.
- Identify schedule risk and aggressively drive mitigation activities.
- Coordinate support organization to ensure resources are properly aligned to meet aggressive schedule targets.
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications.
- Improve area safety and efficiency through regular auditing and continuous improvement.
- Establish and analyze area metrics for trend extrapolation to drive the following:
- Reduction of downtime for product and personnel.
- Personnel training and development.
- Development and implementation of efficiency improvement projects.
- Optimization of product flow through the factory.
- Root cause analysis and the implementation of corresponding corrective action plans.
- Identification and elimination of defects within the area value stream.
- Lead efforts to transition product from engineering development to full rate production.
- Provide feedback to engineering teams on manufacturability, efficiency and quality improvements. As well as cost and lead time reductions.
Associate's degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment or 10 years in electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
Minimum of 3 years in a leadership position.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- SpaceX experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Lean manufacturing training and experience.
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation.
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret controlled documentation and processes such as: cable harnesses, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, mechanical drawings, GD&T, assembly procedures / work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, and parts lists.
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Failure Mode Effects Analysis.
- Harness, electro-mechanical assembly and prototype development experience.
- Experience preferred in fast-paced production environment with flight quality hardware.
- Six Sigma Certification.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs.
- Ability to distinguish colors is required.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC