Boeing is the world’s leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft, with capabilities in rotorcraft, electronic and defence systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. Our reach extends to customers in 145 countries around the world.
Boeing has a long tradition of aerospace leadership and innovation. We continue to expand our product line and services to meet emerging customer needs.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) requires a Project Manager to lead the successful execution of contracted projects and the development of proposals in support of the UK Chinook Helicopter Portfolio.
This Project Manager role is required to define, initiate, lead and manage aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Modification proposals within Boeing’s portfolio of Chinook helicopter programmes across our south of England sites at Odiham, Gosport, and Boscombe Down.
The ideal candidate will already be familiar with a wide range of specialized process tools, and materials, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint and Boeing or industry recognised systems to manage risks, issues & opportunities, contracts, change processing and estimating.
- Lead proposal development in support of additional work scope and manage pre-award performance to budget.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all project management areas in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry (e.g., PMI, Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK], ANSI, and ISO standards).
- Identify key stakeholder project specific objectives and requirements including Customer and Supplier dependencies. Develop solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation.
- Facilitate or lead others in facilitating negotiations involving major project parameters such as deliverable definition and performance objectives (e.g., cost, schedule, quality).
- Develop project plans and define deliverables that meet identified requirements, and Customer expectations.
- Identify and manage project risks, issues and opportunities.
- Manage all assigned resources including people, facilities, budgets and schedules to meet performance requirements and commitments.
- Report project status and performance metrics to program leadership team and Customer.
- Work with the Customer to proactively identify additional opportunities, and ways to improve levels of service.
- Ensure project team member responsibilities, accountability and authority are clearly documented and understood. Ensure assigned individuals are executing the identified and assigned tasks and provide appropriate tracking and reporting per plan. Provide input of team member performance to management, where appropriate.
- Establish and maintain communications and relationships with project and functional organisation including senior staff and line management and with Customer counterparts.
- Implement and hold project team responsible for a Go4Zero safety culture.
- Promote a ‘Help Needed’ culture where appropriately requesting help is encouraged and those providing help are held accountable. Apply industry standards and any available data source for best practices, lessons learned, historical and forecast data to perform trend, earned value and variance analyses to create a baseline project plan.
- Project Management - thorough knowledge and proficiency in all project management areas in accordance with Defence Industry project management standards.
- Leadership – complete ability to lead and direct the activities and resources within and across
- Communication - excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to listen, assimilate, evaluate and summarise. Sound ability to communicate with the customer at all levels.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work within and remain compliant with Boeing’s Commercial process.
- Project Lifecycle knowledge - sound knowledge of the Project Lifecycle from requirements definition, proposal preparation and negotiation and project implementation through to completion.
The Project Managers location will be at Gosport.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll. PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Yes, 25 of the Time
BDS Global Operations
United Kingdom; Boeing Defence UK Limited