At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position is a non-management role within the BDUK Fixed Wing Commercial Team that performs contract and business support and expertise to the programme teams discharging the obligations under the contracts and delivering proposals for contract over & above tasks as well as new business. This role shall have particular focus on proposal and contract execution activities for an infrastructure construction project, as well as support air platform proposals and contracts. Particular areas of focus are excellent customer relationship management, contract management including interpretation of contractual terms and positions, first-time quality products, fast and effective responsiveness to emerging needs and requirements, integrated business partnering with stakeholders and ability to manage a diverse, fast-paced workload with a high degree of independence.
This position is expected to fulfil a variety of tasks and responsibilities typically associated with a Commercial technical role, including, but not limited to;
- Exercises appropriate signature authority, leads, and participates in proposal development, negotiating and contracting for the sale and support of aerospace products, services, technologies, financing and the licensing of intellectual property to support company strategies.
- Leads the presentation and development of complex business solutions to preserve and expand the business.
- Represents the company in external negotiations with responsibility to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customer counterparts
- Authority to prepare, negotiate, execute, interpret and administer legally binding contractual agreements of a complex nature for The Boeing Company.
- Leads coordination and partnership with other internal functional disciplines, integrating business / finance / programme priorities to create solutions that balance business financial performance and customer relationship management
- Summarizes complex contractual issues, and leads development of creative solutions and coordination of contractual risk mitigation.
- Implements and maintains effective commercial governance through internal processes to protect company interest and ensure fully aligned work approaches
- Authorises company work and administers contracts and agreements in accordance with contractual requirements,
- Interprets contract requirements, manages change and resolves conflict; intellectual property management
Education and experience:
- Degree level preferred, although not essential.
- Experience in Commercial (Contracts) preferred, although a similar level of experience in Supply Chain / Contract Law / Business Finance may be considered where the experience is deemed relevant to this position.
Subject Matter Expert capability in construction contracting, with experience of NEC contract frameworks, amongst others, is essential for this position.
- Experience of working in both bids & proposals (Acquire) and contract execution is desirable for this role.
- This role requires the ability to obtain SC clearance.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE