Director of Quality
DeltaHawk Engines, Inc. •
Under the direction of the CEO, the Director of Quality will be responsible for the compliance and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) certifications to the relevant FAA, ISO 9001 or AS9100 standards. This will include assisting other business leaders in establishing and maintaining a system of QMS compliance, including pertinent policies, processes and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, implements, manages and integrates the QMS.
- Maintains quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, coaching, training, and appraising employees.
- Supports company financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assures that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Oversees the calibration program.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Reports on quality issues, trends, concerns and improvements to upper management as part of the Management Review process.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with a minimum of five years quality assurance experience and/or training, or a minimum of 10 years of relevant quality assurance experience.
- Minimum of three years as part of Quality Management with proven experience of developing, implementing and/or maintaining and ISO/AS or FAA compliant QMS.
- 5+ years working in a quality function in a regulated industry.
- Strong working knowledge of GD&T.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Strong corrective and preventative actions background.
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager, Engineer or Auditor (CQM, CQE, CQA).
- Project Management experience.
- Passion for aviation.
- Lean, Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement process background.
- Exposure to tight tolerance machine parts inspection environments.
Work will be performed in an office environment. Periodically assignments may require work be performed in a production area or at a supplier, requiring the use of PPEs determined appropriate for the environment by the resident authority. Some travel will be required.
DeltaHawk Engines, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC