Director of Quality Assurance
Pentastar Aviation •
The position of Director of Quality Assurance provides leadership and management for Quality Assurance functions for the company’s 14 CFR 135 Air Carrier and Managed Aircraft Fleet Maintenance Operations. The successful candidate, a well-qualified and experienced air carrier maintenance management level candidate, will become a member of Pentastar Aviation’s Senior Leadership Team and will be provided with significant autonomy and related responsibility. This position will have daily interaction with the company’s 14 CFR 119 management personnel, fleet maintenance control personnel, and FAA principal inspectors assigned to the air carrier. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the 14 CFR 119 Director of Maintenance experience requirements.
This position is responsible for:
- Generation and on-going maintenance of internal air carrier manuals and technical publications related to maintenance including but not limited to GMM, MEL’s, CAMP’s etc.
- Administration of air carrier maintenance training (excluding aircraft specific training) and issuance of air carrier inspection authorizations
- Air carrier continuous analysis and surveillance system and internal evaluation programs
- Oversight of air carrier and managed aircraft maintenance records administration
- Ongoing quality assurance activities and oversite of air carrier aircraft fleet maintenance and airworthiness
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Thrives in a dynamic, changing and expanding environment
- Forward leaning, solution driven
- Skilled in change management
- Leader in collaborative efforts
- Conducts duties with a high degree of operational integrity, efficiency and collaboration
- Maintains high standards for internal customer service focus and satisfaction
- Current and valid FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings
- Ten years’ experience as a licensed maintainer of modern civil turbojet aircraft
- Three years recent management experience in a quality control, quality assurance, or maintenance capacity for a 14 CFR 119 air carrier maintenance organization.
- Experience with FAA WebOps and VDRP is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer
- Complete working knowledge of 14 CFR as relates to airworthiness and maintenance
- Skilled in document writing, formatting and document control processes
- Proficient in safety management processes
- High level of computer literacy.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)