Director of Sales, Commercial Launch
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DIRECTOR OF SALES, COMMERCIAL LAUNCH
As a director of sales, you will report to the Vice President of Commercial Sales, and will be responsible for selling launch services to new and existing customers including satellite operators and manufacturers, foreign governments, private astronauts, and space exploration pioneers. You will lead sales for a specific region or territory (e.g. Europe/Asia/Middle East) and will operate with a great deal of autonomy. You’ll develop our sales strategy in partnership with the other sales directors and the executive team. You will remain agile to quickly respond to rapidly changing market dynamics. Our team is lean so you will have the opportunity to demonstrate extreme ownership and will be instrumental in SpaceX’s commercial launch expansion.
- Develop, expand, and manage SpaceX’s launch services in your designated region or markets.
- Utilize professional selling and business development techniques combined with product knowledge to market SpaceX launch and other services.
- Gather customer requirements and work with the product engineering team to iterate on and improve SpaceX product offerings.
- Meet monthly with the executive team to review business development opportunities, strategy, and current market landscape.
- Represent SpaceX in various forums including conferences, SpaceX launches, technology panels, etc.
- Support ~50 travel in support of designated region.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or an engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in a business development or sales role.
- 3+ years of technical sales experience.
- Independently motivated professional with a demonstrated track record of pursuing and closing complex deals.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude for the products you’ve supported.
- Experience in aerospace sales with established networks of contacts.
- Strong understanding of launch vehicles or satellites.
- MBA or master's degree with business or engineering focused curriculum.
- Strong analytical skills in business and technical issues.
- Completed sales training coursework in Miller Heiman’s Strategic Selling, or a similar program.
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations shifts.
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX offices and customer locations as needed (~ 50+ %).
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC