Elliott Aviation •
Elliott Aviation, a leader in aircraft solutions, has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager at their corporate headquarters in Moline, IL. Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers.
This hands-on position is responsible leading the engineering department to the certification of new Supplemental Type Certificates (STC), Parts Manufacturing Approval (PMA), aircraft structural repairs, avionics installation design using a network of FAA Designated Engineering Representatives and inter-department engineers. This position would be the resource for all Elliott locations to design and develop STC’s and supplement branch facilities for installation projects while maintaining quality Elliott Aviation standards that meet FAA requirements.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Train, supervise, and successfully manage the Elliott Aviation Engineering Department, including establishing annual budget for the department and managing within established budgetary requirements.
- Oversee all aspects of existing PMA authorization and provide new concepts for future PMA assemblies.
- Plan, engineer, design and gain FAA approval for new STC’s for aircraft modification and installation in an expeditious and cost effective manner.
- Modify existing STC’s, aircraft drawings, and documentation
- Maintain a company-wide standard for avionics wiring diagrams and wire marking
- Maintain a network filing system for all engineering data with accessibility known to all Elliott Aviation Avionics Department’s
- Provide technical installation support to the technical sales staff, all Elliott Departments and the Business Development Team
- Responsible for ensuring that all FAA certifications relating to engineering projects has been completed properly in an expeditious and cost effective manner.
- Maintain a schedule for ongoing project deadlines
- On a monthly basis, present a written report of open project status.
- Coordinate structural modifications from all Elliott bases as a single point of contact for this work
- Participate, contribute, and lead programs as appropriate in support of the Business Development team.
- Train and assist branches as needed in proper procedures, practices and materials
- Provide technical assistance to customers when needed
- Assist other departments as directed by the VP of Avionics Programs and Operational Logistics.
- Oversee the sale and maintenance of our existing list of STC’s.
- Provide budgeting estimates for future STC projects
- Other duties as assigned
Top candidates will possess excellent management skills, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, the ability to train employees and delegate effectively
Other requirements include:
- Electrical or structural DER preferred but not required
- The ability to create, read, and understand wiring diagrams
- An understanding of FAA requirements and regulations regarding aircraft modifications
- Organizational skills
- Utilize a “Solution Oriented” approach to solving industry, customer, and internal issues.
- Effectively collaborate with departmental managers and outside vendors as needed
- Proficient use of MS Office Products
- Computer and CAD drawing skills
- The ability to design an aircraft modification and follow it through certification and delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Avionics or Aeronautics plus 3 years’ experience or equivalent experience of aircraft avionics systems with experience in obtaining STCs.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC