- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or similar technical discipline
- 6+ years’ work experience in procurement, manufacturing or related supply chain disciplines
- Experience with mechanical, material and processes
- Experience in managing outsourcing contract manufacturing partners
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record of taking ownership, successfully negotiating preferred pricing and driving results
- Prior experience managing mechanical enclosure sourcing category
- Knowledge of raw material, plastic, sheet metal, CNC, Die casting, thermal forming and surface finishes
- Technical procurement, product development, NPI, manufacturing and negotiating high volume products
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest level of integrity
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.