Maintenance Supervisor - SJC
Compass Airlines •
Compass Airlines is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team at our Phoenix, Arizona location. We have an immediate opening for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor will provide management oversight and leadership of daily FAR Part 121 aircraft maintenance operations and direction for the aircraft maintenance mechanics.
- United States citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; must be fluent in the English language.
- Minimum two (2) years of aircraft maintenance experience
- Microsoft Office knowledge and experience (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- At least 6 months Embraer 170/175, 190 experience
- Documented Embraer system class
- FAR 121 aircraft maintenance experience with at least one (1) year in a supervisory role as a Lead Mechanic or equivalent
- Associate’s degree or higher in an aviation related discipline and/or two (2) year AMT program
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more.
- Good hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity.
- Able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
- Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance.
- Must have your own hand tools
- Experience should consist of:
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Dispatch requirements
- Use of specialized tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
- Payroll and time keeping requirements
- Demonstrate organization and time management skills.
- Detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems, both aircraft and personnel, with little guidance.
- Well-developed people skills and can work with a variety of personalities.
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism with customers and work groups.
- Have a flexible work schedule and willing to assist others when needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
- Take direction from, and coordinate with, the base Maintenance Manager.
- Answer calls from Maintenance Control and assign work to Mechanics
- Provide updates to Maintenance Control with the status of work performed on aircraft.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Control the movement of manpower, parts and tools to off-site work locations (i.e. road trips).
- Ensure the efficient use of staffing through establishing proper work assignments, efficient pre-shift preparation, and ensuring that each individual is engaged in assisting others after completion of their assigned tasks.
- Be aware of the arrival and departures of all aircraft at the applicable station.
- Provide a complete turnover of events that occurred during their shift and current items in work to the oncoming Maintenance Supervisor.
- Point of contact for issues with the repair and servicing of office and ground support equipment.
- Ensure labor tracking data collection process is followed.
- Ensure on-the-job (OJT) technical training process is followed.
- Coordinate contract vendor activity, if required.
- Maintain an orderly and organized shop area.
- Manage, order, and maintain adequate supplies of various aircraft parts and consumables.
- Perform data entry and copying as needed.
- Commit and attend training events to develop professional skills.
- Help promote a positive and safety culture at their work location.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Description Disclaimer:
- Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
- Work is performed in an open work environment (hangar) or outdoors at the airport terminal.
- Some travel, less than 25% may be required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC