Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
- Manage & supervise the performance of scheduled/unscheduled maintenance to include required aircraft inspections, component changes and preventative maintenance for the assigned maintenance base of operations.
- Responsible to assist the D.O.M/Chief Inspector and QA department in the performance of Quality Control & Quality Assurance functions as well as the continuous monitoring of maintenance performed; to include mechanical performance monitoring, compliance documentation review, trend analysis and internal audits as deemed necessary by the D.O.M.
- Responsible to work closely with the D.O.M to ensure scheduled maintenance requirements are continually monitored planned and scheduled as required and that adequate personnel and time allotments are allocated for work required.Strive to eliminate conflicts with operations, improve in service rates while maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Responsible to make recommendations to the D.O.M. for system, process and procedural improvements in an effort to improve the overall maintenance operations and efficiency.
- Responsible to coordinate, communicate and work closely with the maintenance Supervisor(s) and maintenance staff to ensure efficient and proper maintenance department operations for the assigned base.
- Responsible to ensure that aircraft and equipment are properly maintained in accordance with company requirements, FAA regulations and Manufacturers requirements/specifications, as applicable.
- Responsible to monitor the quality and performance of maintenance performed to include documentation of work performed; to ensure compliance with FAA, Manufacturers and company requirements and / or recommendations.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of all aircraft, engine and avionic maintenance performed.
- Ensure that aircraft, facilities, ground support equipment and work areas are maintained to company standards.
- Ensure accountability for all company owned equipment, expendable items, tooling, parts and company property.Coordinate with maintenance management and logistics departments of Firehawk Helicopters to ensure aircraft parts, equipment, tooling and man power required to support aircraft maintenance operations are readily available at the Boise maintenance base when required.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance duty schedules, personnel work assignments for the assigned bases for maximum efficiency and support.
- Makes recommendations with respect to training and promotions.
- Ensure Technical documentation(s) are current and updated as required and that maintenance records are completed and submitted in a timely manner and IAW regulatory requirements and company policy.
- Assist the D.O.M. in planning and scheduling of all aircraft maintenance and the maintenance department employees for the assigned base.
- Schedule, monitor and perform or assist in house training as required for maintenance department employees at the assigned bases.Suggest training recommendations to the D.O.M. in setting/achieving short & long range departmental goals and in establishing and refining Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicate aircraft status, scheduling and maintenance requirements with the D.O.M.
- Other duties as assigned.Subject to applicable laws and company’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow company’s employment practices and policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must possess a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate Minimum of 5 years supervisory/management experience preferred Valid FAA IA license a plus Experience with Safety Management Systems (SMS) a plus Ability to work under a very tight schedule Must be a safety advocate while being budget conscious solution oriented with an ability to take initiative when needed
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of UH-60 helicopters with a minimum of five years experience.
- Skilled in the repair and modification of helicopters to include dynamic components, engines, avionics, and fuel systems and know the maintenance related operational limitations and parameters
- Possess the ability to plan, schedule and integrate complex events. Be able to communicate well with workers and supervisors.
- Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations, the FAA Maintenance Bulletin system and conventional aviation requirements.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of hand tools, hardware and equipment used in the maintenance of assigned aircraft
- Must be fully knowledgeable of all requirements within the technical orders as they apply
- Must be able to read, write and interpret technical data is required
- FAA Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) Technician’s License is required
- Excellent, communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in the English language
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including working in extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure
- Working knowledge of various computer applications such as Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook)Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ten years cumulative experience in aviation maintenance.
- Five (5) years experience as a supervisor.Have a minimum of five years lead and/or supervisor experience in a fifteen person maintenance organization or larger.
- Requires a minimum of two years heavy maintenance inspection and/or rebuild experience.
Travel will be required for contracts as assigned.
Class A CDL with Hazmat is required as part of the position.The company will train you to get your CDL after hire but you must have a driving history with no DUI‘s in the last seven years .Pre-employment Drug screen and background checks required. US residency is required. We are a drug, alcohol, and nicotine free work place.