Maintenance Training Instructor
Air Wisconsin Airlines •
Operating as a regional airline in the United States, Air
Wisconsin Airlines performs flying services as a partner with United Airlines.
Currently operating a fleet of CRJ-200 regional jets as
United Express, Air Wisconsin Airlines operates throughout the Eastern and
Central United States as well as into
Air Wisconsin's team is made up of around 1,500 members
dedicated to making our travelers’ experiences safe and pleasant. With service
to approximately 70 cities throughout North America, we carry an estimated 6
million passengers a year.
With general supervision from the Maintenance Training Manager, responsible for developing, maintaining, and conducting technical training and Computer Based Training programs to support maintenance operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Promotes and fosters a safe and secure operating environment.
• Facilitates complete implementation and integration of the adult learning style/theory training format within each aspect of the Maintenance Department Training or other training formats as requested.*
• Assists with obtaining and analyzing data to continuously improve the training curriculum
• Develops and maintains technical training aids and material.
• Performs as Cockpit Trainer and Examiner for Run/Taxi and TOW operations.
• Performs as Simulator operator and Evaluator for Run/Taxi Examiner certifications.
• Conducts Run/Taxi Initial and Left Seat Qualification Training.
• Conducts Forklift training
• Ensures that maintenance training courses under his/her control will be technically accurate, up-to-date, and clearly relevant to the student’s every day work.*
• Capable of conducting training equivalent to ATA Spec Level IV
• Coordinates with local Managers and Supervisors to ensure training currency of station personnel.
• Coordinates and looks for synergies with Flight and Inflight Services.
• Manage large groups in a classroom environment to ensure safe completion of training goals.
• Recommends changes to existing maintenance training programs.
• Maintains curriculums in accordance with IATA, CFR 49, OSHA, FAR, DOT, and EPA.*
• Updates and maintains training records for new hire and current maintenance employees.*
• Ensures that all specified policies, practices, and procedures are complied with, and follow Company policies and procedures for completion of assigned duties.*
• Attendance is considered an essential responsibility.*
• Associates Degree in Aviation, communications, or teaching curriculum preferred
• Airframe and Power Plant Certificate required
• Federal Aviation Regulations Part 121 or 135 experience preferred
• Team Leadership experience preferred
• Project Management Experience preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (including MS Word & PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Internet courseware development tools, and e-mail
• Training or experience in working with Adult Learning Styles
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Ident #: