Air Operations Development Manager
• Location: Dayton, OH and Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (occasional extended periods of time as necessary)
• Reports To: Operations Planning & Development Director
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: 15% overnight travel
Let your careertake off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Air Operations Development Manager impacts PSA Airline’s planning, directing and coordinating of the training and development activities of Pilot and Inflight Development Department.
The Manager – Air Operations Development will work collaboratively with training management, instructional staff and subject matter experts to evaluate training needs and create industry leading training solutions allowing Air Ops managers to focus on their employees and operational integrity.
• Plan, direct, or coordinate development activities and training
• Design and develop training materials utilizing web-based training programs and Learning Management Systems to meet Pilot and Inflight training requirements.
• Work collaboratively with a diverse team (department managers and supervisors, customer representatives, subject matter experts, instructional staff, program developers) to research, design, develop and implement effective training solutions.
• Provide timely status updates and reports on assigned projects and organizational performance to supervisor.
• Take ownership of assigned projects and do what is necessary to ensure assigned projects are completed on schedule and to department standards.
• Directs and cultivates effective collaboration with third party vendors and programs. Design of both in-house and with expert third parties, solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, experiential learning, distance learning and online learning
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the effective and efficient operation of the department and company.