Manager of Cargo
Swift Air, LLC •
Swift Air is seeking a highly motivated Manager of Cargo who manages all activities relating to system wide cargo operations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates (either Company or contract).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have at least three years of supervisory experience in Part 121 cargo operations
- Must have at least two years of experience in ground services and cargo activities.
- Reports to the Director of Ground Services.
- Establish, implement and maintain all departmental policies and procedures,to insure all Company cargo operations are safe, efficient and in compliance with all applicable Company and governmental regulations.
- Has the authority to establish and modify the Carriage of Cargo, Load planning (Form OPS-COM-04) and Station Facilities processes.
- Is responsible for the work accomplished in the carriage of cargo process, flight/load manifest/weight & balance control process and has the authority to direct persons to accomplish that work.
- Provide for the oversight and provisioning of ground handling services related to cargo operations from third party providers.
- Coordinate with Company personnel, customers, third party service providers and applicable government agencies to ensure contract/regulatory compliance and customer satisfaction in all aspects of the Company's cargo operations.
- Conduct periodic audits on all Company cargo operations.
- Produce, revise, and distribute all departmental training aids, directives,reports, forms, memos, etc. and is responsible for all departmental manuals.
- Ensure all personnel involved in Company cargo operations and/or ground handling of Company aircraft are properly trained.
- Evaluate training and performance records of employees (permanent or contract) to determine and formulate training designed to increase employee efficiency, safety, plus ensure compliance with all Company and governmental regulations.
- Maintain the Hazardous Materials Training Program for all applicable employees.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the safe and efficient handling of ULDs.
- Maintain control over all Swift’s ULD equipment.
- Minimize opportunity for damage, and theft of ULD equipment.
- Ensure damaged ULDs or equipment is immediately removed from service, placarded and returned to the vendor/ company for repair.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC