Manager, Sales and Use Tax
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Manager, Sales and Use Tax
We are seeking an experienced Sales and Use Tax Manager to manage all aspects of tax compliance, tax planning, policy, and controversy/audit matters for sales tax and other indirect taxes. In this role, you will be tasked with making a large and lasting impact on SpaceX as a whole and contribute to the future of human life on Mars. To be successful in this role, you must be motivated, self-starting individual who is not afraid to bring forth daring, creative ideas and continuously challenge yourself and others around you.
- Identify sales tax and other indirect tax reporting obligations and maintain/update tax calendar
- Manage implementation of computer software (e.g., Thomson Reuters OneSource or Vertex) to facilitate proper billing and collection of sales tax
- Supervise preparation of U.S. indirect transaction tax returns
- Provide operations with guidance based on research of transaction tax laws and regulations
- Assist in preparation of modeling and reporting for executive-level decision making
- Prepare monthly tax accruals, journal entries and related supporting documentation and related balance sheet reconciliations
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance from an accredited university/college or Master of Business Taxation
- 5+ years of combined work experience as an indirect tax professional, either in a public accounting firm or in industry
- 3+ years of experience working with sales and use tax software such as Vertex or Thomson Reuters OneSource
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with property tax assessment and taxation
- Sales and use tax experience in the telecom field
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority or structure
- Experience working in fast paced development environment
- Ability to utilize software products from Microsoft Office, Tableau, and Alteryx
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC