Manager, Software Engineering (Firmware)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (FIRMWARE)
As a hands-on manager, you will contribute directly toward firmware development and manage project schedules and workflow for our software engineering team. You will lead the team that develops flight firmware for our Starship launch systems for orbital, lunar and mars missions, Starlink laser communications, and future SpaceX systems. You will share your passion for technology and lead a high performance team launching mission-critical avionics systems as part of a close-knit group of exceptional software engineers. You will mentor the team in pushing what is possible while adhering to a structured and effective development and test process.
- Lead complex software design projects under tight deadlines
- Spend 50 of time on technical contributions, and 50 on managerial and project management tasks
- Oversee the development process and quality, investigate anomalies and drive corrective actions
- Lead and participate in architecture, design and code reviews, hardware specification and selection
- Recruit, interview, and build teams of exceptional software engineers
- Partner with other hardware and software groups to produce innovative and reliable avionics systems
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science and 4+ years of firmware development experience; OR 6+ years of work experience in firmware development without a degree
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing teams
- Professional experience with assembler and C or C++ languages
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Consistent record of shipping firmware in high volume products or real time products that require high reliability and fault tolerance
- FPGA development skills
- Thorough knowledge of systems, firmware development, analog, power and digital electronics
- Defect tracking and resolution system, backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Creative approach to problem solving and exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed for critical milestones
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC