Manager, Supplier Quality Assurance
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Responsible for managing the supplier quality functions, personnel, related training, and deployment of Standard Practices for Quality Systems and facility compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Perform managerial responsibilities, for example, hire/fire, disciplinary actions, PMP, and professional development;
- Oversee applicable inspections of aircraft manufacturing processes to ensure airworthiness and compliance with Quality Control manual, and regulations;
- Develop procedures to administer company supplier quality policy;
- Prepare department budget for fiscal year operations;
- Support the Internal Quality Audit Program;
- Document and communicate requirements of Bombardier Quality Systems including record keeping;
- Maintain supplier product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures;
- Collect, analyze, and summarize quality-related information and trends to prepare reports and corrective action plans on product and process quality;
- Review and implement, as appropriate, current best practices within Quality field to support achievement of organizational objectives;
- Maintain current knowledge of new trends in quality including the while implementing appropriate best practices;
- Communicate with appropriate supplier representatives as required, to ensure all quality issues and inquiries are satisfied. Also provide performance feedback to suppliers as required;
- Interface and alignment with Corporate quality system and foreign regulatory precedents;
- Interface with Product Quality Engineers (PQE) and Supplier quality Engineers (SQE) assigned to Product Teams Business Areas;
- Provide leadership to SQE’s teams on problem-solving, including identification, data gathering, analysis and presenting actionable recommendations to program leadership and positional team.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a minimum of 7 years of experience in quality management with 3 years progressive supervisory experience;
- You have a Bachelor degree in Business, Aviation, Engineering or related field (Degree may be offset by additional experience);
- You have working knowledge of FAA and Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to Production Certificate (Part 21);
- You have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and web-based applications;
- You have previous experience in ISO-certified environment - preferred.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC