Material Program Manager
DRS Technologies •
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
Leads the administration and monitoring of contract performance on complex subcontracts. Leads proposal preparation, subcontract negotiation, development of subcontract specifications/requirements/statements of work/terms and conditions for the procurement of materials, equipment and services in support of multiple contract types. Implement and execute strategies for soliciting, evaluating, and administering subcontracts.
p>Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline with 8+ years related experience in Supply Chain, Contracts, Operations, Production Control, Program Planner, Material Estimating, and/or Finance.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS)
- Understanding of contract/Purchase Order terms and conditions and detailed knowledge of the government contracting process
- Knowledge of source selection / evaluation process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General computer proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with Prime Contract Requirements and Statements of Work (SOW)
- Experience with Supplier Statements of Work (SOW)
- Experience with Supply Chain / Production Control / Procurement processes and requirements
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to work in a dynamic technology driven developmental environment subject to change
- Ability to work in a cross functional Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment managing multiple priorities
- Meeting commitments, accomplishing goals & delivering results
- Strong Presentation Skills and able to interface with all levels of internal management, supplier management and the external customer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with Program Management, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Engineering, Quality, Production Control and Procurement to ensure successful supplier management and execution in supporting program needs and requirements
- Develop and execute Material Strategies which support Customer requirements and meet Program objectives
- Gate Review preparation and/or support
- Supporting Prime Contract Proposal activities for Suppliers and SCM BOE’s
- Identifying Customer Prime Contract Flow-Downs and obtaining any required terms
- Obtaining, understanding and processing Supplier proposals/quotes
- Assisting with the generation of Supplier Statement of Work (SSOW’s)
- Generating and processing Supplier New Add / Re-Activation requests
- Generate and manage SCM Material Sales, Estimate At Completion (EAC) and Risk & Opportunities
- Purchase Order Place Plan generation and update
- Purchase Requisition generation and Purchase Order placement and management
- Line of Balance (LOB) execution and maintenance
- Lead Make/Buy decisions and affordability efforts for program material
- Assist and/or Lead negotiations on Material with Suppliers and/or the Customer
- Preparing and executing Material Program Plans (MPPs)
- Generating mitigations and/or resolving issues impacting/effecting all of the above
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. up to 25% of the time
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC