Materials Supervisor is responsible to manage the Hangar and Line Materials,
Tooling and Equipment teams and is accountable for the safe handling and
processing of aircraft Materials, Tooling and Equipment as required by the company
according to regulatory requirements and best practices. To ensure the
effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards
in accordance with the FEAM company manual.
- Perform supervisor responsibilities to include all aspects of man-management leadership, guidance, and support for a team of approximately 20.
- Monitor and report on sustaining activities, projects, and levels of customer service for purchasing/material tooling and equipment/receiving inspection and tool management functions.
- Meet with vendors and carriers to negotiate contract items, for example, price, delivery, quality, and quantity.
- Administer vendor and carrier contracts to ensure provision of agreed upon service(s) and/or product(s).
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies, errors, and payment issues.
- Review, revise, and/or develop processes and guidelines in support of purchasing, material handler/tooling & equipment/receiving inspector functions.
- Perform special projects to include inventory, and resolving vendor issues, and credit holds.
- Prepare department capital requests as required.
- Prepare and presents accurate and timely reports to management on areas of responsibility.
- Accountable for the Tool Control & Calibration program
- Accountable for the Shelf Life Control program
- Accountable for Procurement functions and the delivery of Material handling, receiving inspections, paperwork and data entry, storage, and inventory in accordance with FAA Regulations, FEAM and Customer policies and procedures.
- Support all policies, goals, and objectives of the company, and will represent the company in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Promote quality performance, positive financial results, safe work environment, positive morale, and on-time deliveries.
- Ability to understand and interpret the content of aircraft technical data.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees throughout the organization and develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for a team and demonstrate delivery.
- Must have excellent prioritization, organization, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Able to complete assigned tasks, including follow-up assignments, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Data Analysis tools).
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management, team management and process workflow skills.
- High School Diploma required
- Aviation Maintenance knowledge through formal military or civilian educational schools
- Experience in an aviation related field
- Three (3) years of experience in a Supervisory role responsible for inventory, warehousing, distribution or related functions preferred.
- Previous airline or MRO experience preferred.Previous experience with computer-based inventory systems preferred.
Job Ident #:
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)