REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• At least 3 years previous experience in occupational safety and health or related area or combination of education and experience.
• Must have OSHA 511, with OSHA 501/503 preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in safety or related area.
• At least 5 years previous experience in OSHA compliance.
• Experience with implementing a Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).
• Airline experience is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Lift up to 50 pounds up to 35% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Outdoor weather conditions/Open air hangar occasionally.
Travel up to 50% of the time, including overnight, weekend and international travel. A valid passport is required. Must possess a valid US driver’s license.