DRS Technologies •
DRS Technologies, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 900 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear Instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location Fitchburg, MA
Fitchburg Massachusetts is a community of ~41,000 people is located 10 miles from New Hampshire and 50 miles from Boston. Despite being one of the largest cities in the county, Fitchburg retains its small town flavor. Fitchburg boasts excellent access via highway or MBTA commuter train to all points. One can choose to live in any type of area; be it urban, suburban, or rural; all within a short commute to Fitchburg.
We have an immediate need for an Operations Manager to support 1st and 2nd shift manufacturing efforts in our 100,000 square foot facility with heavy manufacturing infrastructure. This position has 4 direct reports and reports to the Senior Director of Operations. This individual will provide overall leadership for scheduling, supervision and production of the businesses products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolves complex issues/problems utilizing comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes
- Manages the development, and execution, of manufacturing schedules
- Develops manpower plans / budgets and manages activities to accomplish performance objectives
- Coordinates operations and communications within, between, and among various functional areas
- Ensures operations conform to the organization’s policies and procedures, values, and federal, state, and local regulations
- Coordinates team member recruitment and selection, career development, and performance assessment
- Drives continuous improvement through deployment of best practices, such as Lean Six Sigma
- Continually identifies and assesses risks and deploys proactive mitigation plans
- May participate in the preparation and/or review of proposals for new business based upon RFP/RFQ requirements
- Provides input on capital investment plans, business development programs and proposals
- Leads facility upgrades and tooling requirements as required
- Bachelors degree in engineering, management, related discipline or equivalent experience with at least 7 years of progressive experience in manufacturing, manufacturing management and/or project management or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Ability to schedule and plan across multiple simultaneous projects
- New Product Introduction experience
- Assembly of heavy industrial or energy product products
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Broad knowledge of heavy equipment lifting and handling
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and assume additional responsibilities
- Must possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must have excellent PC-based computer skills
- US citizenship required
Additional Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
Previous management or supervisory experience strongly desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet #NPS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC