MAG Aerospace •
The Operations Manager, working within the Corporate Capture team, will be responsible for identifying, developing, and winning new business within MAG for the Mission Integration Division (MID), focusing on MIDs functional lines of business, supporting the DoD, the Intelligence Community, Fed/Civ government customers and international customers, as directed. The Operations Manager, based in the Titusville, FL and working out of MID’s Titusville facility, is accountable for new and follow-on business capture management, strategy development, managing the execution of the strategy, and monitoring progress toward stated business objectives. The Operations Manager is responsible for developing strategies within the DoD, Intelligence Community, and other USG agencies, as well as new and existing internal customers and foreign governments, and implementing specific pursuit strategies to facilitate winning proposal submissions. Included are strategies for teaming, solution (technical, management, and cost) development, proposal staffing/development, etc.
The Operations Manager will be involved with a full-spectrum of activities-implementing business development and capture strategies to achieve annual revenue goals. Individual will need to understand all phases and aspects of federal government business development and capture management, including teaming negotiations, strategies, as well as the ability to recognize and act upon opportunities addressing related projects. Travel may be required to cultivate new and ongoing business relationships. The person we seek will have broad federal market knowledge, demonstrable success in winning new business with the DoD, the Intelligence Community and the Fed/Civ government market. The Operations Manager will work well within a cross functional team to drive market changing solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Plan, organize, and manage assigned pursuits
- Assist the corporate capture lead in major capture efforts (especially those greater than $10M) to successful completion.
- Assist in developing the overall capture strategy, internal and external partnerships, business plans and marketing; assist with driving technical and management solutions
- Demonstrable success in leading capture activities in DoD, Intelligence Community and the Fed/Civ government markets, and other foreign government targets as identified by the HQ Capture, Account Managers, and Business Unit leaders
- Assist the corporate capture lead in facilitating a win strategy development session including technical, management, teaming, past performance, staffing, pricing, etc.
- Lead the development of customer profiles, including customer needs, issues, hopes, and biases
- Act as the Operations lead in gathering, Solution Architects and SMEs to develop solutions that offer customers recognized value, are price competitive, executable and will be evaluated favorably
- Prepare and lead Gate and Milestone Reviews for MID initiatives, as well as other reviews as required once opportunity has been assigned
- Develop B&P spend plans and track all associated expenses with the capture effort
- Coordinate with responsible lines/accounts, align resources required for the pursuit of opportunities, develop and improve upon processes, manage B&P budgets, report metrics/manage risk and effectively lead growth within the corporation.
- Lead and coordinate competitive assessments, determining the strengths and weaknesses both internally and of potential competitors
- Active Secret or above Clearance, or ability to immediately obtain a Secret clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management or a related Engineering discipline or a minimum of 10 years demonstrated capture management experience, strategic planning and management experience
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated, direct capture management experience with the Intelligence Community, DoD and/or Federal Civilian government agencies
- Knowledge, experience, and success in capture process are required and demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) is expected
- Demonstrated performance at winning large (>$10M) capture efforts within the DoD, IC or Fed/Civ markets
- Must demonstrate agile decision making, strategic thinking and ability drive the team to results.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within and as lead and influence high performing teams, a working leader
- Demonstrable knowledge working foreign capture activities with a solid understanding of ITAR regulations, FCPA and other procurement related regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen skills
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be available to travel as necessary, both domestically and internationally
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Click below for the “EEO is The Law” and Federal Contractor Poster Supplement:
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.
MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and certain state and/or local laws.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)