Operations Program Manager
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
LEONARDO DRS Land Systems has locations in Melbourne, FL and Huntsville, AL. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
The Operations Program Manager II acts as a liaison between manufacturing and program management to ensure cost, schedule, and quality targets for manufacturing sites, product lines, or work cells are consistently met.
- Capable of resolving complex issues/problems utilizing comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes
- Develops and recommends short- and long-range objectives, consistent with organization guidelines
- Coordinates operations and communications within, between, and among various functional areas
- Ensures operations conform to the organization’s policies and procedures, values, and federal, state, and local regulations
- Establishes, monitors, and ensures customer satisfaction
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling
- POC Accountable to Program Office and Management for all Program Operational Requirements
- Operations Lead for IPT accountable for Production Operations Management and Risk and Opportunities
- Customer Interface for Operations supporting IPT
- BOE Author and Coordinate Operations quoting
- New Awards – Facilitate Operations Inputs and accountabilities and assure proper production readiness and kick-off
- Contract Schedule Review and Approval (Lead Times and Capacity)
- Manage AOC and B2B, Sales and Operating Plan
- Strategically align master production schedule to level load factory capacity and streamline supply chain to support contract schedules
- Coordinated supplier/part selection and production engineering decisions during NPI
- Developing and executing plans required to meet or exceed all contract and Internal Operating Plan
- Understand cash flow management principles
- Develop and manage financial plans and forecasts inclusive of Revenue/ GM/ Cash/ EAC management
- Perform variance analysis of schedule and cost on a formal and informal basis
- Manage inventory effectively
- Implement accepted production process and supply chain revenue enhancement and cost containment solutions
- Provide leadership for true root cause analysis and corrective action decision-making on production programs
- Coordinate EC Incorporation Management Support (CCB) and impacts
- Continually identify Risks and proactively deploys mitigation plans while developing/managing opportunities through the program life cycle
- Coordinate Operations inputs in preparation for, IOP, Metrics, PMR’s, etc.
- Assure a timely closeout of completed program to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend applicable internal or external customer meetings
- Participate on special project teams
- Support and lead new product introduction (NPI) activities
- Maintain knowledge of current manufacturing and continuous improvement trends in the industry
- BS Degree in Engineering, Management or related field
- 7 plus years of relevent experience
- Deltek Costpoint experience preferred
- Proficient technical expertise with demonstrated application
- Knowledge and familiarity with standards (ISO, AS, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, negotiation, communication and writing skills
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LE
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC