DRS Technologies •
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
As a leading supplier of infrared (IR) imaging, DRS NIS – Texas is seeking an Operations Supervisor who will be responsible for training, supervising, evaluating, and developing team members in the IR Materials department. Accountable for leading a team to deliver product according to schedule and quality requirements. This position is critical to success of DRS IR imaging products. We are looking for both 2nd and 3rd shift supervisors
p>Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: Associate’s Degree
- Experience: 4+ years
- Aptitude and desire to drive a multi-disciplined work cell to achieve high levels of efficiency and effectiveness while maintaining excellent morale across the team
- Passion for leading others to achieve significant goals
- Successful time management skills with ability to coordinate resources to meet operating plans per schedule
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to spend extended periods of time in manufacturing areas or cleanrooms
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Mentoring skills
- Bachelors Degree in management or science
- Knowledge of manufacturing disciplines including 6S and Lean Six Sigma
- Understanding of quality compliance standards (ISO/AS)
- Experience solving problems using structured root cause and corrective action methods
- Manufacturing process or equipment troubleshooting experience
- Previous experience in semiconductor processing
- Familiarity with SPC
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee daily operations in assigned manufacturing area
- Ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices, safety standards, work instructions, and corporation policies
- Lead team to deliver product on time
- Train, supervise, evaluate, and develop team members.
- Monitor key performance indicators and take action to correct deficiencies
- Take ownership of the successful execution of the operating plan
- Initiate and support continuous improvement activities
- Monitor and report on process yields, cycle time, WIP levels, and inventories
- Highlight non-conforming material or processes.
- Advocate for team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Light Manufacturing environment
- Class 100 clean room
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC