DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Airborne & Intelligence Systems, Fort Walton Beach, FL provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS AIS has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Job Title: Supervisor Operations
Responsible for supervising an Operations team, ensuring cost, schedule, and quality goals are realized for an assigned area/product line/work cell.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of an assigned manufacturing area
- Ensure product/service quality through proper utilization of resources and adherence to applicable standards Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization&39;s polices and applicable laws and regulations
- Lead activities to resolve issues and problems, identifying root cause and effecting appropriate corrective action
- Monitor and enable internal and external customer satisfaction
- Drive continuous improvement through deployment of best practices, such as Lean Six Sigma
- Maintain and continuously improve areas, which impact on Team Member safety
- Hire, manage career development, and assess performance of assigned team members
- Assist in the development of budget and manage activities to accomplish financial objectives
- May coordinate team member recruitment and selection, career development, and performance assessment
- Identify and assess risks and deploy proactive mitigation plans
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
• Attend applicable internal or external customer meetings
• Participate on special project teams
• Support new product introduction activities
- Associate’s degree in related discipline or equivalent combination education and 5+ years experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient technical expertise with demonstrated application
- Experience with Industrial Engineering concepts and 5S/6S techniques
- Knowledge and familiarity with standards (ISO, AS, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Strong leadership ability
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing circumstances
- Strong Excel skills
- Electronics background or Technical aptitude
- Familiar with Solumina/Deltek preferred
- 6S and Lean training preferred
- Familiar with JTSD and IPC standards preferred
- Familiar with AS9100 Practices preferred
- Familiar with standard industry safety practices preferred
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #AIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC