DRS Technologies •
, Virginia, United States
Program Manager (Dulles, VA)
Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation. May supervise others.
Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to ensure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met. Lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick off through project close). Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Have sufficient organizational, technical and contractual level of authority within the Contractor organization to ensure full access to corporate personnel, the commitment of resources that may be necessary in the performance of this task order, and in the technical and contractual resolution of all issues that pertain to that performance.
- Develop and maintain business management policies and procedures for all task areas. Coordinate program activities including, but not limited to, cost estimating and reporting; financial oversight; subcontractor management; deliverable schedule and reports; and expenditure reports.
- Appoint management leads with a manager to employee ratio that can sufficiently present oversight and direction for activities in support of the Government.
- Ensure attainment and maintenance of task order AQLs;
- Monitor compliance with small business participation of 30;
- Manage and review task invoicing functions; resolve discrepant areas prior to submission to customer for payment; and
- Annually refresh the technical skills of all staff in task areas of Service Desk Services, Field Services, Service Center Services, Account Management Group, and Hardware Incident Resolution at its own expense as the USCIS architecture and technical reference model evolve. Training and associated travel costs shall not be directly charged to the Government.
- Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to ensure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met
- Lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick off through project close)
- Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities
- Participate as a team member or leader on bid and proposal activities. Ensure that the requirements of the request for proposal are met in the preparation and documentation of bids and proposals.
- Actively seek new business opportunities in coordination with Business Development
- Represent management at program reviews, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Prepare for and participate in contract/subcontract negotiations. While representing Company’s interests, ensure that all government regulatory guidance is adhered to.
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel, and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Formally identify, assess, monitor and mitigate risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtain management approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established program, cost and schedule objectives.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise.
- Perform variance analyses of schedule and cost on a formal and informal basis and present them to senior management (i.e., earned value management system)
- Serve as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution
- Coordinate with other departments on resolution of contractual problems with the customer Coordinate with Contracts Administration on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations
- Verify that conduct of contract requirements are executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and Company policies and procedures (i.e., federal acquisition regulations)
- Provide leadership to program team. Ensure communication and cooperation among team members and resolve areas of conflict.
- Manage inventory effectively
- Manage internal research and development projects
- Ensure a timely closeout of completed programs and that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
- May manage other Program Managers
- Understand and develop leading verses lagging indicators
- Develop and execute program corrective action strategies
- Develop and understand principles of program planning (i.e., developing a Bill of Materials and Basis of Estimate)
- Understand lean and process improvement principles (i.e., Lean Six Sigma)
- Understand cash flow management principles
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Minimum of ten or more years of IT program (project) management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
- ITIL certification
- Bachelors degree in engineering or business preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of program management tools and procedures
- Solid leadership and management skills, particularly influence management and conflict resolution
- Experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment to include proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation for cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
- Experience with earned value cost accounting and reporting; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program progress, productivity and variance analysis
- Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and supply chain management
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling and budget control
- Successful track record in managing complex aerospace/defense programs as a prime or subcontractor to a domestic or foreign military organization
- Excellent leadership and oral and written communication skills
- Must have a portfolio of programs in which financial objectives (profit, cash flow, revenue, bookings) were achieved
- Program Management preferred (i.e., PMP or DAU level 3)
- Prefer experience with turnaround programs in which recovery was successful
- Active U.S. Government Department of Defense (DoD) Secret level security clearance
- Program management experience managing IT support services programs supporting the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Program management experience managing IT service desk and service center programs
Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Global Enterprise Solutions, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CA #CS #MM
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC