Boeing Company •
During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers.
With the backing of Boeing, we are growing our programs and need a passionate proposal manager to build a team and drive all aspects of the proposal process.
Aurora is known for the ambitious programs that we execute; we are a highly agile company and we continuously push the boundaries of what is possible. Now with the backing of Boeing, we growing our programs and need a passionate proposal manager to build a team and drive all aspects of the proposal process.
- Lead the entire proposal process from service request through final submission and ensure the delivery of a quality product.
- Work with Division Vice Presidents to align proposal activities to Division business strategies.
- Support the development of proposal strategies and themes and oversee the development of the Proposal Management Plan.
- Create the proposal plan and schedule, conduct kick-off meeting and lead reviews.
- Determine assignments and enforce deadlines.
- Assemble supporting resources for proposal teams and suggest internal and external resources by coordinating with capture manager.
- Develop proposal compliance matrix and fulfill requirements through proposal development effort.
- Review completed storyboards and proposal section to address requirements and meet customer page limits.
- Write, edit and rewrite draft proposals and oversee the development of visual concepts to support win themes.
- Integrate technical and cost volumes and read and comment on cost narrative by coordinating with cost volume and capture leads.
- Manage the proposal production and submission, including electronic and paper.
- Develop, review and refine program development processes and run proposal development team operations effectively.
- Develop targeted questions and interview staff to obtain critical proposal information.
- Communicate proposal requirements and status to senior management.
- Manage proposal response schedule and engage in proposal knowledge management processes.
- Develop, deploy and maintain proposal tools and processes to ensure the company complies with best practices.
- Maintain re-use libraries and ensure accuracy of current information.
- Develop and monitor metrics related to workflow of proposal and process performance to improve quality and response.
- Build the proposals team as needed to support a growing business.
- Extensive experience (10+ years) with government contracts and especially DoD.
- BA/BS in English, journalism, communications, management or engineering.
- Proven ability to build a world class proposal function and successfully capture opportunities.
- Extensive knowledge of the federal government acquisition process.
- Experience researching and authoring management, staffing, quality control, and past performance sections of proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional proposal/project teams.
- Technical writing experience related to proposal development in technical environment.
- Proven ability as an editor.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into a narrative accessible to laypersons.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, solve problems, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Excel and Sharepoint.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills are essential to succeed in this position.
- Must be a US person and able to obtain clearance.
- Must be able to travel.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC