In support of Boeing Global Services (BGS) aspirations for global aerospace leadership and uncompromising customer focused services, we are seeking a passionate, motivated and knowledgeable aerospace sales and marketing professional to join our dynamic team as a Proposal Management Specialist.
The Proposal Management Specialist is a strategic role requiring proposal management, writing, and editorial skills. You will lead each proposal effort and act as the project manager, responsible for complete execution. The proposal manager will collaborate/interface with the deal team, including sales, proposal personnel, subject matter experts (SMEs) and executive leadership to assist with winning campaigns; will write executive summaries and cover letters and research, write, and edit proposal-specific requirements. The proposal manager is expected to gain a broad understanding of company products, platforms, and solutions in order to effectively collaborate with the deal team in developing targeted client-centric submissions. You will also manage ad hoc independent assignments such as updating existing content database information and maintaining a consistent brand through the creation and use of templates, presentation materials, and supporting tools. The person in this role will work with a team of proposal managers in a fast-paced environment with many competing proposals in process.
Some of the day to day responsibilities include:
- Perform detailed analysis of Request for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Information (RFI) and Vendor Questionnaires requirements; prepare compliance matrices/outlines and schedules in accordance with proposal teams guidelines
- Responsible for the end-to-end proposal process for new/existing business opportunities, beginning with the pre-sales phase to contract submittal
- Responsible for managing multiple, concurrent proposal efforts and teams simultaneously
- Identify, organize and coordinate proposal resources and ensure completion of all assignments, review of all work and adherence to internal quality control measures
- Maintain clear, consistent, timely and effective communication with deal team members:
- Provide detailed, timely communications (e.g., meeting invites [purpose, objective and agenda noted] deal summary, schedules/calendars, assignment matrices, action items, meeting minutes, varying status email communications, etc.)
- Coordinate and lead kickoff meetings with deal team, SMEs, etc. on a global scale
- Develop original, customized content that reflects our approach and represents the value of our solutions, tailored to the customer’s needs.
- Act as a consultant to the deal and provide guidance and insight on how to strategically develop the best response to include – win themes, value proposition, differentiators, and other strategic messages
- Provide thought leadership by thinking outside of the box, resulting in an impactful work product
- Write or facilitate and provide meaningful insight/direction on the development of client-centric executive summaries and cover letters
- Help SMEs articulate clear and persuasive messages that address the client’s requirements
- Write detailed responses that conveys our solution capabilities and advantages ideas into language and concepts easily understood by others
- Ensure format follows company style guidelines and client’s requested format - proper grammar and mechanics and editing/revising skills
- Ensure content is written for the intended audience, presented in one consistent voice and style and is error free
- Ensure completed proposal responses are professional in presentation, delivered on time and in compliance with the clients requirements
- Responsible for leveraging the proposal content library material, supplemented with input from SMEs, to formulate targeted and customized responses
- Assign work to various deal team members, SMEs, etc. and setting realistic deadlines and ensuring delivery
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position is located in Englewood, CO and does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Employer not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status
- Bachelors degree required.
- At least 3 years experience working with RFPs, RFIs and complex proposal responses
- At least 3 years of project management experience
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self starter with the ability to work independently
- Adaptable and the ability to work with ambiguous requirements
Preferred (but not required):
- Experience working in the aerospace/ aviation industry
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies. All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.