Quality Assurance Manager
Boeing Company •
We are hiring for a Quality Assurance Manager!
The Quality Assurance Manager will work out of our Manassas, VA office.
- As an integrated member of the Aurora VA leadership team, assure the development, production, and delivery of quality products on time and on budget
- Provide leadership over Aurora’s AS9100D certified quality management system, and through Aurora’s QA systems & processes, infrastructure and workforce, enable production of products that meet requirements
- Define resource requirements and manage AVA QA departmental operating budget to support program and process needs
- Provide direct management coverage for QA owned process elements; Quality Management System, Quality Engineering, Quality Process Support, Inspection, support Test and Evaluation.
- Drive continuous improvement through direct involvement in product development including design reviews, test readiness reviews, manufacturing readiness reviews, and delivery readiness revies.
- “Own Quality”--Improve organizational culture regarding attention to detail, personal warranty and accountability. Lead by example.
- 10+ years in an aerospace or other vehicular design or reliability engineering role followed by 5+ years in an aerospace quality leadership role at a major aerospace designer/manufacturer.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (preferred), Quality, or Operations with advanced degree strongly preferred
- Six Sigma Blackbelt certified—ASQ CQM certification desired
- Working knowledge of tolerance analysis methods, quality plan development, inspection methods, test plan development, etc.
- Working knowledge of aerospace development and production methods with emphasis on prototype development processes
- Expertise in AS9100D Quality management systems and interfacing with 3rd parties
- Expertise in aerospace risk identification, management, and mitigation
- Aware of IPC-610 and -620 workmanship standards
- Working knowledge of aerospace system safety assessments and certification processes
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D inspection equipment strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of process data analysis methods (SPC, Pareto, Minitab, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ERP systems—SAP or SAP Business ByDesign strongly preferred
- Proficient with MS Office suite of tools
- Excellent oral communication skills
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC