Quality Assurance Manager
Helicopter Accessory Service East •
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Quality Assurance Manager ensures that the organization’s products and services are in compliance with the company's quality requirements as prescribed in Title 14 of the Code of Federal Aviation Regulations, in addition to complying with customer and regulatory requirements for quality, safety, and reliability. Administer and implement quality and record-keeping standards, practices, policies and procedures. Supervise the training and deployment of Standard Practices and monitoring quality consistency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development, implementation and strict adherence to a quality program. Develops and/or reviews standards, policies and procedures for all functions and departments involved with or related to the production of all products. The Quality Assurance Manager has the authority and decision over the shipment of any product or products and accepts the responsibility for products being in compliance with all regulatory and company standards.
- Lead, direct and coach inspectors in performing repair and overhaul quality control and inspection activities.
- Assign inspectors in the areas of components, parts and NDT inspection based on skills, experience and qualification of the individual team members.
- Reviews and resolves quality control problems/concerns with others including vendors, customers and any personnel related to production. Coordinates and assists with vendor inspections.
- Perform verbal and written tie-in/turnover indicating status of work progress.
- Review, develop and inspect completed quality control checklists, forms and other documents; randomly inspects and verifies quality control checks for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Oversee records system of log cards, component records, delivery records, certificates of airworthiness.
- Review, develop and implement recommendations for maintenance concerning proposed/published manufacture’s recommendations, service bulletins and FAA airworthiness directives.
- Review, develop and implement recommendations for technical operations manuals, minimum equipment lists, maintenance procedures and quality policy manuals.
- Schedules and performs quality audits and reports findings to the Accountable Manager, Business Manager, Production and Operations; develops corrective action plans and ensures timely resolution of findings.
- Receives and reviews all customer satisfaction surveys and customer contacts and complaints. Reviews complaint trends and product/component failure analysis; reviews corrective actions with appropriate personnel.
- Prepares reports and other documentation required by regulatory agencies and to support the quality function.
- May be responsible for serving as back up point of contact for the FAA and maintaining the overall relationship with other regulatory agencies.
Reports directly to the Accountable Manager. Supervises, trains and assists all quality control personnel. Directs quality-related activities in conjunction with Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, Customer Service, and any other department/function that affects the quality of the organization’s goods or services.
- You must have A&P certification
- 6+ years of experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Management.
- You must have working knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Requirements
- Must have proven ability to lead a diverse team of technicians. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential. Demonstrated strong organizational and managerial skills. Project management experience is a must.
- Working knowledge of computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office software, Pentagon 2000.
- Demonstrate leadership to train employees in the performance of duties in area of specialization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and organize effectively.
Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
Occasional heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 70 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize Internet server and network reports to conduct business.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC