The role of QPM is to act as the primary point of contact (POC) or all customer/program specific quality management activities. The QPM must have the requisite knowledge and skills related to Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering.
The Quality Program Manager proactively manages actions required to ensure 100 Quality while maintaining 100 on-time delivery performance.
• Monitor and enforce customer specifications: Review, understand, interpret, flow-down,
audit and sustain all customer quality specifications.
• Ensure customer contractual requirements: Monitor the compliance (perform audits) to contractual
specifications & requirements, designs, and documented procedures. Ensure compliance of deliverable
end items to the customer specifications & requirements.
• Ensure QMS Compliance: Develop, document, and manage the Customer and/or program-specific
Quality Assurance Plans. Ensure the QMS is robust and complies with all AS9100D criteria. Ensure compliance with procedures and Standard Work throughout the implementation of the contracts.
• Develop, deploy, monitor, update and deliver customer and/or program-specific proactive, forward
looking quality performance metrics to include, but not limited to, delivered quality, on-time
delivery, field performance, Cost of Quality (CoQ), Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ), responsiveness to
customer requests and customer satisfaction. Support MRB activities with goal of minimizing the
need for them.
• Apply QE principles whenever required, including statistical and predictive analysis, FMEA, and
DoE to conduct failure and/or pre-emptive analysis.
• Provide analysis leadership for resolution of recurring failure modes.
• Lead teams to develop and provide effective RCCA and CAPA.
• Maintain consistent and frequent communication with the AFS operators and technicians.
• Evaluate new products and processes as part of customer-focused design review teams.
• Establish, maintain, and enhance positive customer relationships to build a cooperative
environment influential to both existing contract performance and new contract negotiations.
• Maintain timely follow-up and meaningful communication with customers on all quality issues.
• Maintain positive and productive working relationships with all key contacts to ensure continuous professionalism and effectiveness.
A BS degree in a technical or engineering field.
Must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder)
A minimum of 5 years of experience in anAerospace Manufacturing Quality role is preferred.
Candidates with experience in APQP and PPAP strongly preferred.