Responsible for on-aircraft integration related issues to include manpower, schedule, tools, engineering interface, testing, and coordination required to successfully allow customer or L2 to return aircraft to service. These responsibilities will apply for all activities that involve L2 field personnel whether it is installation, AOG, surveys or other onsite work performed by L2 technicians. Read and interpret wiring diagrams, work from engineering drawings, written or verbal instructions, as well as problem solving from various technical documents.
Company Quality Policy:
L2 is committed to quality and continuous improvement in all areas of our organization. We provide solutions based on our customers’ needs and are dedicated to ensuring that all expectations are surpassed. We are fanatical in ensuring our solutions meet or exceed regulatory and customer requirements. Working as a team, all employees are involved in the continuous quality improvement process to ensure that the company goals for quality, timeliness, responsiveness and innovation are met, thereby ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Daily oversight of aircraft, preparation, personnel, QC and customer representative interaction. Develop systems/protocol so that manager does not have to be on-site to maintain L2 standards. All installation activities referenced above to be performed in accordance with the appropriate FAA approved document and Manufacturer’s Installation Manual as well as any and all applicable L2 documents.
- Project scheduling to include all travel for L2 and outside resources as applicable.
- Advance planning/tracking of paperwork, resources, parts, tooling etc. required for installations.
- Support or coordination of customer, kit manufacturer (internal or external), avionics manufacturer, and FAA.
- Support or coordination of engineering required to complete the assigned tasks, both prior to on-aircraft work and afterwards to reflect actual aircraft configuration.
- Meet all Federal Aviation Regulations and Customer installation requirements.
- Compliance with all Company, Customer and FAA Quality Procedures.
- Compliance with jobsite OSHA safety standards and procedures.
- Maintain a schedule of on-aircraft and off-aircraft work assignments for personnel planning.
- Any and all activities required to get the job done and implement contract.
- Selection, supervision, general management, review and termination of installation technicians
- Review and approval of timesheets for all field employees
- Perform Annual Review of all employees and submit to L2 Executive Leadership for review and approval
- Address all personnel issues, complaints and concerns as appropriate.
- Elevate any issues, complaints and concerns to Executive Leadership as required.
- Scheduling of vacation and other compensated time off for direct reports