Sales Manager, Commercial Launch
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SALES MANAGER, COMMERCIAL LAUNCH
The Commercial Launch Sales Team is responsible for selling launch services to new and existing customers including satellite operators and manufacturers, foreign governments, private astronauts, and space exploration pioneers. As a sales manager, you will report to the Vice President of Commercial Sales and will support sales efforts across all global territories. You will represent the commercial launch team at internal meetings and briefings to ensure the sales team remains informed and able to shape product direction. You will serve as the liaison to the marketing and finance teams and will drive sales operations development. You’ll earn the opportunity to own client relationships with the goal of becoming a sales director. While you will receive direct mentorship from the directors on the team, your work with be largely self-directed. SpaceX evolves rapidly and you’ll be a critical asset to the team as your collectively advance our presence in the launch market across the galaxy.
- Support the sales team as they develop, expand, and manage SpaceX’s launch services in both domestic and international markets.
- Represent the commercial sales team at internal meetings and technical briefings.
- Partner with the government and Starlink sales teams to coordinate consistent messaging, strategy, and cross-team collaboration.
- Serve as liaison to marketing and finance teams.
- Utilize professional selling and business development techniques combined with product knowledge to market SpaceX launch and other services.
- Gather customer requirements and work with the product engineering team to iterate on and improve SpaceX product offerings.
- Represent SpaceX in various forums including conferences, SpaceX launches, technology panels, etc.
- Support 30-50 travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or business discipline.
- 2+ years of professional experience in business development or sales.
- Independently motivated professional with a demonstrated track record of project ownership.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude in a professional setting.
- Familiarity with launch vehicles, satellites, and/or the aerospace market.
- MBA or master's degree with a business or engineering focused curriculum.
- Strong analytical skills in business and technical issues.
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations shifts.
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX offices and customer locations as needed (30+ %).
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC