Satellite Capture Manager
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SATELLITE CAPTURE MANAGER
The Capture Manager is responsible for leading the day-to-day strategic and tactical development of government proposals from beginning to end and ensuring that each one highlights SpaceX’s unique capabilities and maximizes our competitiveness. This will include internal coordination with the sales lead, engineering, and the program management organization. The sales lead will be responsible for setting overall strategy, pricing, and teaming which the engineering team provides technical input and analysis. Our program management organization will ensure the program is executable. The Capture Manager will not only own the process and enforce action item completion and schedule, but also contribute sections of the proposal with input from others, and structure all input to maximize Pwin. The ideal candidate not only has a technical background to ensure compliance with technical solicitations, but is a passionate story teller and ensures facts are laid out in a compelling manner. Attention to detail is critical, as the Capture Manager is the first line of defense in ensuring compliance with technical requirements and identifying any potential weaknesses against the evaluation criteria. The Satellite Capture Manager position is essential to our success, with many of our programs requiring active management of a complex proposal process to be successful.
- Serve as the programmatic lead on proposal efforts, from the release of request for information (RFI) to final proposal revision (FPR)
- Identify and obtain all internal and external resources SpaceX requires to successfully complete large-scale, complex proposal efforts
- Coordinate bid strategy with the sales director and SpaceX executives
- Generate and manage proposal’s master schedule and regularly report modifications to the sales director and the rest of the proposal team
- Work with sales, engineering, SpaceX leadership, and the customer to shape RFPs while in the draft stages through in-depth understanding of the customer’s needs
- Lead process improvement efforts that incorporate best practices learned from missions and prior proposals back into SpaceX’s sales and proposal development efforts
- Serve as the day-to-day link between the sales, proposal, and engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- At least 2 years of experience working on government proposals, including direct technical writing contributions
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in aerospace, specifically defense, space, and/or communication systems
- Demonstrated technical project management skills
- Master's degree with business or engineering-focused curriculum
- Body of work demonstrating exceptional writing skills
- Demonstrable experience responding to solicitations with highly technical requirements
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC