Leonardo DRS, Inc. (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Job Location: Arlington, Virginia
Job Title: Senior Customs & Trade Compliance Manager
Senior Customs & Trade Compliance Manager is responsible for facilitating DRS business by developing, implementing and overseeing the maintenance of internal export / import controls to ensure compliance with U.S. government export / import regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations, Economic Embargo Regulations, and Importation of Arms, Ammunition and Implements of War Regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively manages the Customs compliance program, including developing, maintaining, and implementing Customs controls policies and related Trade governance documents in alignment with Company Trade policies, procedures and U.S. export and import laws and regulations.
- Develops and implements corporate compliance requirements in conjunction with business processes, to ensure compliance with U.S. Government export / import regulations and Company policies.
- Coordinates with various internal functions in developing functional compliance processes related to export and import requirements.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and implement U.S. trade regulations including Customs and Foreign Trade Regulations.
- Directly supervises, mentors and assists Trade Import Managers in day-to-day export / import activities.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers regarding Customs compliance matters.
- As necessary, supports the Trade Managers with export and import authorization drafting, submission, and execution.
- Provides advice and guidance on the application and implementation of U.S. Government export / import regulations, including those related to Federal Trade Regulations and U.S. Import requirements.
- Coordinates with various internal functions in obtaining the necessary U.S. Government export / import licenses, agreements, permits, certifications and technology release determinations.
- May support the development of procedures and compliance matrices related to local country export and import regulations.
- May support the businesses by providing guidance on obtaining local country export and import authorizations.
- May support the export / import and movement of goods across the Company Businesses.
- Analyzes export / import activity reports and metrics pertaining to various elements of the export / import operations process, and reports out on trends, areas of concern and improvement opportunities.
- Manages and maintains export / import files and records in accordance with Company policies and U.S. Government export / import regulations.
- Develops, delivers, and maintains training on export / import activity requirements, including Customs and Foreign Trade Regulations cmopliance.
- Monitors export / import compliance through conducting self-assessments and audits on Customs compliance.
- Supports Trade-related export / import investigations, external audits, internal audits, risk assessments, site visits, self-assessments, and other compliance matter resolutions.
- Supports, communicates, reinforces, and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization.