Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC, a joint venture between Leonardo DRS and Thales USA, is a technical leader in the fields of sonar systems, sonar signal processing, acoustic training systems, and open architecture system and software integration. The venture focuses on emerging areas in the undersea warfare domain where the customer has identified mission-critical needs. For additional information about Advanced Acoustic Concepts, please visit our website at http://www.aaccorp.com.
The company is seeking an experienced Senior Manager of Manufacturing Production to join our growing team in Lemont Furnace, PA. The successful candidates will have hands on experience with all aspects of USW Systems, Sensors, and Trainers.
Title: Senior Manager, Productions Operations
Job Location: Lemont Furnace, PA (Uniontown area)
Position Summary: This position will ensure cost, schedule and quality targets for manufacturing operations are consistently met. Plans, coordinates, and monitors production tasking across several functional areas. Responsible for establishing operational priorities while working with senior management to make certain that contractual requirements are met on time and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and oversees the overall day to day operations of a low volume, high complexity electronics manufacturing organization.
- Ensure cost, schedule and quality targets for manufacturing operations are consistently met
- Coaches, mentors, trains, creates a positive working atmosphere
- Responsible for establishing operational priorities while working with senior management to make certain that contractual requirements are met on time and within budget
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors production tasking across several functional areas
- Accountable for continually reducing cost, eliminating waste and meeting challenging production schedules
- Responsible for setting the operational standard to make certain that safety, quality and delivery metrics are met
- Capable of resolving complex issues/problems utilizing comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes
- Manages the development, and monitors execution, of manufacturing schedules
- Develops budgets and manages activities to accomplish financial objectives
- Coordinates operations and communications within, between, and among various functional areas
- Ensures operations confirm to the organization’s policies and procedures, values, and federal, state, and local regulations
- Establishes, monitors, and ensures customer satisfaction
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling
- Provides leadership and support to team members relative to progress of work, resolution of problems, and assurance that standards for quality are met in accordance with ISO 9001:2015
- Interface with Program Managers and Project Engineers to coordinate the activities of Manufacturing to support program needs
- Coordinates team member recruitment and selection, career development, and performance assessment
- Drives continuous improvement through deployment of best practices, such as Lean Six Sigma
- Continually identifies and assess risks and deploys proactive mitigation plans
- May participate in the preparation and/or review of proposals for new business based upon RFP/RFQ requirements
- May coordinate operations and communications within, between, and among various functional areas
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend applicable internal or external customer meetings
- Participate on special project teams
- Support and lead new product introduction activities
- Maintain knowledge of current manufacturing and continuous improvement trends in the industry