Senior Program Manager
DRS Technologies •
, Connecticut, United States
Job Title: Senior Program Manager
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 1100 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location: Danbury, CT
This position manages and directs the daily execution of multiple programs within contract requirements to assure that quality, cost, and schedule performance goals are met. This position acts as the primary interface with external customers and is responsible for the interface, communication and coordination with internal and external on all matters pertaining to existing contracts. Additionally this position is the team leader on bid and proposal activities, developing the plan and ensuring proposal development execution so that requirements of the request for proposal are met in the preparation and documentation of bids and proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution. Coordinate with other departments on resolution of contractual problems with the customer. Coordinate with Contracts Administration on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations.
- Assure that conduct of contract requirements is executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and Company policies and procedures (i.e. Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise
- Lead all meetings for the integrated product teams (kick-off through project close); Assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict
- Manage program inventory effectively
- Manage Internal Research and Development projects
- Assure a timely closeout of completed programs to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
- Develop leading verses lagging indicators
- Develop and understand principles of program planning (i.e. developing a Bill of Materials and Basis of Estimate)
- Understand lean and process improvement principles (i.e. Lean Six Sigma)
- Understand cash flow management principles
- Perform variance analyses of schedule and cost on a formal and informal basis and present them to senior management (i.e.: earned value management system)
- Formally identify, assess, monitor and mitigate risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtains management approval in accordance with procedures prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established program, cost and schedule objectives
- Actively seek new business opportunities in coordination with Business Development
- Represent management at program reviews, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Prepare for and participate in contract/subcontract negotiations
- Ensure adherence to all government regulatory guidance while representing the Company’s interests
- May be assigned to high risk programs due to knowledge and experience
- May lead company’s programs reviews in absence of a Director or VP of Programs
- 10 years of experience with an Business or Engineering degree preferred
- Expert knowledge of program management tools and procedures including the Microsoft Office suite (Project, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, particularly “influence management” and “conflict resolution”
- Experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment to include: proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation for cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
- Experience with earned value cost accounting and reporting; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program progress, productivity and variance analysis
- Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics manufacturing and supply chain management
- Evidence of effective communication to leadership and customers through oral or written communication
- Evidence of successful customer interface including expectation setting, maintaining commitments and problem solving to support both corporate objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in a mix of small & large project based environments
- Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling and budget control
- Successful track record in managing complex aerospace/defense programs as a prime or sub-contractor to a domestic or foreign military organization, with experience in Navy surface or submarine preferred
- Must have a portfolio of programs in which financial objectives (profit, cash flow, revenue, bookings) were achieved
- Prefer experience with turnaround programs in which recovery was successful
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and retain a security clearance within a time period to be established by the Company
- Working in an office environment Lifting 0-20 lbs., Walking, Stooping, Sitting, Standing, Computer Work
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
DRS Technologies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #MS #NPS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC