Verifies the integration of various department and Company information streams to provide data that can be used to affect positive change in the organization. Ensures data is entered correctly and on a timely basis in manual systems while auditing the results of automated systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Builds initial Flight Attendant Support Team (FAST) records in database; inputs data into appropriate system and prepares records for qualification-related data.
- Reviews submitted paper records to ensure accuracy and completion of all required elements prior to recording data in the electronic database.
- Reviews monthly FAST de-qualification reports to ensure FAST are scheduled for required training events prior to de-qualification.
- Gathers data and participates in audits as needed. Inputs data for Inflight operational evaluations.
- Conducts unannounced evaluations by performing internal audits in the system. Analyzes evaluations for trends concerning procedures or CFRs not being met. Provide input regarding follow up training needs.
- Investigates Flight Attendant fatigue reports/calls by pulling incident reports and analyzing data to determine the cause of the fatigue, such as poor hotel, worker’s comp injury, delayed or late arrival.
- Coordinates and facilitates Inflight fatigue review meeting, provides results and recommendations from fatigue investigation, and conducts follow-up as needed
- Manages all DOT level customer complaints and other customer follow up issues as directed to support base supervisors. Collects and analyzes data from various sources, such as incident reports and formal audits to anticipate issues, track and trend deficiencies, provides recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Evaluates workers’ compensation investigative reports to determine if policies and/or procedures were violated and recommends changes and additional training as needed.
- Reviews customer comments from codeshare partners for issues/concerns involving flight attendants and forwards to Inflight management.
- Tracks and coordinates Electronic Flight Bags (EFB), including follow-up on lost or stolen EFBs and general troubleshooting.
- Administers and assigns e-mail responses for various Inflight mailboxes, ensuring timely responses to crewmembers.
- Mentors and assists special project Flight Attendants in developing the competencies required for the specialist position.
- Reviews, processes and submits payroll for Flight Attendant Support Team members, Company Business, and for other special projects within the Department.
- Trains with the ability to back-up the Inflight Standards Manger and other Inflight Specialists as required.
- Fosters the Company’s core values and culture throughout the work environment.
- Attains and Maintains Line Flight Attendant qualification and works as a Flight Attendant as required.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- Specialty training beyond high school in computer software, data analysis and/or front-line management or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of any combination of auditing/analytical, airline operations, or catering/cleaning experience.
- Requires proficiency with MS Office computer software, with focus on Excel and Access.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, technical writing or related area.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local rules and regulations in regards to Inflight and airline operations. Previous airline experience.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Familiar with Sabre CrewTrac and CrewQual systems.
- Above average writing skills.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with all levels of management and associates.
- Maintain strong attention to detail.
- Capable of effectively coordinating multiple projects at the same time while meeting deadlines.
- Possess polished and professional interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and a customer-oriented mindset.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write and
update moderately complex manuals and other correspondence. Ability to effectively present
information in one-on-one and small group situations to management, customers, clients, and other
associates of the organization.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to move about the work environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Willing and able to work a varied schedule to meet operational needs.
Able to travel up to 25 of the time, including nights, weekends, holidays and overnight travel.