Sr. Manager, Avionics Supply Chain
Supply Chain Management
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Sr. Manager, Avionics Supply Chain
The SpaceX Supply Chain Department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the company. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality. As SpaceX becomes a provider of human spaceflight, they will position us to maximize valuation, fuel growth and ensure achievement.
- Lead a high performing team, responsible to manage spend portfolio and supply base, negotiate supplier capacity, engagement strategies, drive continuous improvement efforts, and lead technical engagements for supply chain materials and components including PCBAs, boxes, harness, electronic piece parts and other avionics components across all SpaceX Dragon, Falcon and Starship products
- Establish teams to collaboratively support sourcing strategy, market analysis and conducting trade-off analysis reviews and supplier roadmaps with engineers
- Evaluate, assess, develop and manage supply base to enable quick prototype deployment from new product development, introduction to scalable production
- Provide insights on industry best in class technology and manufacturing options with optimized supply chain setup for total cost ownership
- Negotiate and source alternative suppliers, analyze supplier spend, capacity and develop overall supplier negotiation and engagement strategies
- Be the “go to” resource for Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and New Product Introduction teams when determining best value suppliers, NPI sourcing plans, make vs. buy, should cost, buy complete strategies, and lead times, etc.
- Build crossed functional teams and champion continuous improvement initiatives for cost, quality, and delivery
- Develop standard processes for material and systems planning/procurement and drive continuous improvement
- Develop Planners/Buyers into high performing team, capable of planning and procuring for all needed parts
- Champion value-add and value engineering projects to improve part quality and reduce cost
- Administer moderate to large contracts and independently negotiate with suppliers contract terminology, pricing, technical requirements, scope and terms involving responsibility, liability, indemnification, and intellectual property
- Interpret the conditions and terms of contracts including fiscal and legal implications and advises management on all significant procedures and regulations affecting the contract
- Act as liaison with external and internal customers on all matters affecting contractual agreements
- Monitor and manage costs to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets and forecasts
- Foster, manage, maintain supplier partnerships, and lead business review meetings to drive high performance
- Drive design for manufacturability reviews with support from Supplier Development and Engineering
- Negotiate and implement cost-saving programs with suppliers
- Mitigate sole/single source risk and ensure continuity of supply
- Proactively update SpaceX management and engineering teams on all critical supply issues
- Visit supplier’s facilities and accurately assess technical capability, equipment, and capacity
- Issue purchase orders, ensure timely delivery and resolve invoice issues
- Execute MRP planning messages for production parts
- Analyze procurement data and report metrics
- Resolve purchase order discrepancies and invoice issues
l>Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, science, engineering, or similar technical discipline6+ years of experience in material demand planning, supply chain management, material cost control, or master production scheduling3+ years of experience with MRP and ERP systems, and with navigating complex Bill of Materials (BOMs) and raw material data2+ years of experience in a leadership rolePreferred Skills and Experience:
- APICS, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or similar certification
- Experience with SQL databases and queries
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, including ability to create pivot tables or macros, and analyze data
- Ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional environment, both independently and with a team
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines and multiple levels of management
- A passion for continuous improvement
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed
- Must be able to work long hours and weekends as needed
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC